Poster Session Application
2020 Annual Congress Poster Session:
Oral and General Poster Presentation: OPEN. Deadline: May 1
2020 Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators Poster Session:
General Poster Presentation: Closed
An opportunity for CRNAs and nurse anesthesia students to present their research findings and innovative educational approaches through oral and poster presentations. Research, literature reviews, and innovative, creative techniques in anesthesia are appropriate topics. Up to a $1,000 award accompanies each oral (not general) presentation. Each application fee is $25, and at least one CRNA or SRNA must be included in the list of authors.
Upon submission, all are required to provide a PDF of the poster in addition to the abstract. General poster presenters have a choice between submitting a draft or final version. See details in the first link below. NOTE: The Foundation will no longer host a poster competition. It has been replaced with the poster tours.
All applicants must review the links below prior to completing the online form. You are also required to expand the lists below to get further instructions. Note: the last two videos are suggested, not endorsed, by the AANA Foundation.
- Poster Session Guidelines and Details
- Online Poster Application Sample
- Poster Exemplars
- Ordering of Credentials and Military Service/Titles
- Video: Poster Presentation Selection and Acceptance
- Video: Poster Design Tutorial
- Video: 8 Poster Creation Tips
You may start your application only after you have reviewed the steps in the list below.
IMPORTANT! Before applying, please ensure that your AANA username is your current email address in order to proceed to the application form. If you change your login information later, your progress will be lost. Each poster must have a unique principal presenter name and e-mail address.
I attest that I read the information below prior to beginning my application.
Please login using your AANA username and password.
- All categories are eligible for oral and general poster presentation.
- Applications must include results and conclusion.
- Proposals will not be accepted.
- Each poster application must have a unique presenter and email address. We will only converse with the poster presenter to ensure direct, timely communications. In the case of co-presenters, you must list only one contact name.
- Some fields require AANA member ID numbers. If a party is not an AANA member, please indicate 000 in the ID number field.
- Only one application from each team/project is allowed.
- The presenter's name must appear in the list of authors.
- Refrain from using military email addresses as they block important communications from us. Use a personal one instead.
- You must have IRB/IACUC approval before applying if applicable to your project, and indicate that your IRB/IACUC status is approved, exempt, or non-applicable within your application.
- You must keep a copy of your abstract's content in case the reviewers ask for revisions of the text.
- Where applicable, the fields have character (not word) maximums which include letters, symbols & spaces.
- Do not use bullets or acronyms. Complete sentences are required.
- Prior to submission, you must pay for your application. You will have the opportunity to download/print a receipt on your online profile page under "My Orders." Please do not contact the Foundation office regarding receipt of your application.
- Download a complete list of guidelines.
- REQUIRED! Name all uploaded attachments for your application with your personal information as follows:
Please review the poster session evaluation form below to become familiar with the scoring process.
Tech Support and Troubleshooting
- You are required to read all instructions above before you begin your application. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for best results when completing your application. You may experience technical difficulties if you use other browsers. Tech support has limited hours and is not available on the weekends so we recommend completing your application well before the deadline. Late submissions will not be considered.
- For technical questions, log in to your account after you start your application and click on the Information (i) icon in the top right corner.
- If you have issues logging in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other questions, please contact the Foundation at email@example.com.
Notifications and Communications
- Adjustments to authors, titles, credentials, etc. will not be accepted after submission.
- Only substitutions for poster presenters will be accepted on or before July 31, and will be assessed an additional $25 processing fee.
- Presenter substitutions will be accepted only once per poster presentation, and must include written notification from the original poster presenter and a completed registration form with payment for the substitute presenter.
- After acceptance, if a non-member substitutes for a member, the non-member rate applies. Download the Poster Presenter Change Fee Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All cancellations must be received via email by July 31, or you will be assessed a $100 fee. Poster application fees will not be refunded under any circumstances, including those outside of our control.