Poster Session Application
Critical! Please ensure you have updated your username (to your email address) and password for our new web site before beginning your application. If you change your login information later, your progress will be lost.
An opportunity for CRNAs and nurse anesthesia students to present their research findings and innovative educational approaches through oral and poster presentations. Research, literature reviews, and innovative, creative techniques in anesthesia are appropriate topics. Up to a $1,000 award accompanies each oral (not general) presentation. Each application fee is $25, and at least one CRNA or SRNA must be included in the list of authors.
Oral Presentation: Closed
Oral & General Poster Presentation: Closed
General Poster Presentation:Closed
All applicants must review the links below prior to completing the online form. You are also required to expand the lists below to get further instructions. Note: the last two videos are suggested, not endorsed, by the AANA Foundation.
- Poster Session Guidelines and Details
- Online Poster Application Sample
- Model Poster Examples - Research 2017 Format
- Model Poster Example - Evidence Based 2017 Format
- Ordering of Credentials and Military Service/Titles
- Video: Poster Presentation Selection and Acceptance
- Video: Poster Design Tutorial
- Video: 8 Poster Creation Tips
If you are not a member of the AANA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions about non-member submission and the $150 USD application fee.
You may start your application only after you have reviewed the steps in the list below.
I attest that I read the information below prior to beginning my application.
- All categories are eligible for oral and general poster presentation.
- Applications submitted without final results and/or conclusion will not be processed.
- Proposals will not be accepted.
- Each poster application must have a unique presenter and email address. We will only converse with the poster presenter to ensure direct, timely communications.* In the case of co-presenters, you must list only one contact name.
- The presenter's name must appear in the list of authors.
- At least one author on each team must be a member of the AANA, or pay the non-member fee.*
- Some fields require AANA member ID numbers. If the author, presenter or payer is not an AANA member, indicate N/A in the ID number field. (At least one of those fields must contain an AANA member ID number in order to receive the member rate.) The payer ID number must be the person who is paying for the application fee.
- Refrain from using military email addresses as they block important communications from us. Use a personal one instead.
- You must have IRB/IACUC approval before applying if applicable to your project, and indicate that your IRB/IACUC status is approved, exempt, or non-applicable within your abstract.
- You must keep a copy of your abstract's content in case the reviewers ask for revisions of the text.
- Where applicable, the fields have character (not word) maximums which include letters, symbols & spaces.
- Do not use bullets or acronymns.
- Once you submit your application, you must pay for your application. You will have the opportunity online to download/print a receipt after payment on your profile page under "My Orders." You will not receive an emailed receipt. Do not contact the Foundation office regarding receipt of your application.
- Download a complete list of guidelines.
- REQUIRED! Name all uploaded attachments for your application with your personal information as follows:
*Exception: One presenter can present two posters if they are related to the same subject matter and fall into the same category and subcategory.
Tech Support and Troubleshooting
Notifications and Communications
- Adjustments to authors, titles, credentials, etc. will not be accepted after submission.
- Only substitutions for poster presenters will be accepted on or before July 31, and will be assessed an additional $25 processing fee.
- Presenter substitutions will be accepted only once per poster presentation, and must include written notification from the original poster presenter and a completed registration form with payment for the substitute presenter.
- If a non-member substitutes for a member, the non-member rate applies. Download the poster presenter change form and email to email@example.com.
All cancellations must be received via email by July 1, or you will be assessed a $100 fee. Poster application fees will not be refunded under any circumstances, including those outside of our control.