Poster Session Application
2020 Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators Poster Session:
General Poster Presentation Only: Closed
2020 Annual Congress Poster Session:
Oral and General Poster Presentation: Closed. Application will open mid-February 2020. Deadline May 1.
Critical! Before beginning an application, please ensure that your AANA username is your email address. If you change your login information later, your progress will be lost.
An opportunity for CRNAs and nurse anesthesia students to present their research findings and innovative educational approaches through oral and poster presentations. Research, literature reviews, and innovative, creative techniques in anesthesia are appropriate topics. Each application fee is $25, and at least one CRNA or SRNA must be included in the list of authors.
NEW! Upon submission, all are required to provide a PDF of the poster in addition to the abstract. General poster presenters have a choice between submitting a draft or final version of the poster. See details in the first link below.
All applicants must review the links below prior to completing the online application. You are also required to expand the lists below to get further instructions. Note: the last two videos are suggested, not endorsed, by the AANA Foundation.
- Poster Session Guidelines and Details
- Online Poster Application Sample
- Poster Exemplars
- Ordering of Credentials and Military Service/Titles
- Video: Poster Presentation Selection and Acceptance
- Video: Poster Design Tutorial
- Video: 8 Poster Creation Tips
You may start your application only after you have reviewed the steps in the list below. This General Poster Session application requires member login. If you are not a member of the AANA, please email email@example.com for instructions about non-member submission and the $150 USD application fee.
I attest that I read the information below prior to beginning my application.
ADCE Pertinent Information
- You must use the same device and browser to save your progress on your application; do not clear your cache until after submission.
- All categories are eligible for general poster presentation.
- No oral poster presentations, poster tours or poster contest will take place during this meeting.
- Applications must include results and conclusion.
- Proposals will not be accepted.
- Each poster application must have a unique presenter and email address. We will only converse with the poster presenter to ensure direct, timely communications.* In the case of co-presenters, you must list only one contact name.
- Only one application from each team/project is allowed.
- The presenter's name must appear in the list of authors.
- At least one author on each team must be a member of the AANA, or pay the non-member fee.*
- Some fields require AANA member ID numbers. If the author, presenter or payer is not an AANA member, indicate N/A in the ID number field. (At least one of those fields must contain an AANA member ID number in order to receive the member rate.) The payer ID number must be the person who is paying for the application fee.
- Refrain from using military email addresses as they block important communications from us. Use a personal one instead.
- You must have IRB/IACUC approval before applying if applicable to your project, and indicate that your IRB/IACUC status is approved, exempt, or non-applicable within your application.
- You must keep a copy of your abstract's content in case the reviewers ask for revisions of the text.
- Where applicable, the fields have character (not word) maximums which include letters, symbols & spaces.
- Do not use bullets. Acronyms must be spelled out upon first usage. Complete sentences are required.
- Once you submit your application, you must pay for your application. You will have the opportunity online to download/print a receipt after payment on your profile page under "My Orders." You will not receive an emailed receipt or confirmation email. Do not contact the Foundation office regarding receipt of your application.
- Download a complete list of guidelines.
- REQUIRED! Name all uploaded attachments for your application with your personal information as follows:
*Exception: One presenter can present two posters if they are related to the same subject matter and fall into the same category and subcategory.
Please review the poster session evaluation form below to become familiar with the scoring process.
Tech Support and Troubleshooting
Notifications and Communications
- Adjustments to authors, titles, credentials, etc. will not be accepted after submission.
- Only substitutions for poster presenters will be accepted on or before January 15, and will be assessed an additional $25 processing fee.
- Presenter substitutions will be accepted only once per poster presentation, and must include written notification from the original poster presenter and a completed registration form with payment for the substitute presenter.
- After acceptance, if a non-member substitutes for a member, the non-member rate applies. Download the Poster Presenter Change Fee Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All cancellations must be received via email by January 1, or you will be assessed a $100 fee. Poster application fees will not be refunded under any circumstances, including those outside of our control.