The Professional Practice Division provides evidence-based resources to support nurse anesthesia practice
- Tearing Up the Litmus Test: Potential Problems with Testing Employees for Marijuana Use, National Law Review, January 2020
- Hospira, Inc. - Issues a voluntary nationwide recall for one lot of Bacteriostatic Water for Injection, USP, due to a potential lack of sterility assurance
- The Metrix Company - Recalling specific lots of the Empty IV Flexible Containers (Bag) marketed under the Metrix Secure EVA Dual Chamber and Baxter ExactaMix names, due to the potential for leaking of the IV Bag at the chamber divider rod
The Professional Practice Manual for the CRNA contains AANA anesthesia standards, scope of practice, practice and policy considerations, and position statements relevant to nurse anesthesia practice.
- Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Code of Ethics for the CRNA