The Professional Practice Division provides evidence-based resources to support nurse anesthesia practice
- Submit your application for the Council on Patient Safety in Women’s Health Care National Improvement Video Challenge to show how your facility has implemented the Council’s Patient Safety Bundles, November 21, 2017.
- FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on efforts to address impact of IV fluid shortages following hurricane destruction and resolve manufacturing shortfalls, November 17, 2017
- Open comment period available through Dec 15 for Management of Waste Anesthetic Gases, Policy Considerations, November 16, 2017
- FDA works to help relieve the IV fluid shortages in wake of Hurricane Maria, November 14, 2017
- At Fall Leadership Academy, the AANA Board of Directors approved the updated:
The Professional Practice Manual for the CRNA contains AANA anesthesia standards, scope of practice, practice and policy considerations, and position statements relevant to nurse anesthesia practice.
- Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Code of Ethics for the CRNA