National CRNA Week
National CRNA Week is the AANA’s annual celebration of anesthesia patient safety and the nation’s 52,000+ Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and student registered nurse anesthetists who safely and cost-effectively provide approximately 43 million anesthetics each year. Known as National Nurse Anesthetists Week as recently as 2014, the new name for this popular event helps patients, hospital administrators, healthcare professionals, policymakers, and others become more familiar with the CRNA credential and the exceptional advanced practice registered nurses who have earned it.
Reserve the 2018 dates to Celebrate National CRNA Week:
January 21-27, 2018!
Promotional Ideas for CRNA Week
Before National CRNA Week
News Releases (fill-in)
- Five Ways CRNAs Provide Safe and Effective Anesthesia Care for Every Patient
- National CRNA Week Sheds Light on "The Future of Anesthesia Care Today"
- Nurse Anesthetists: Always There Caring for America
- National CRNA Week Reveals How Nurse Anesthetist Make a Difference-One Patient at a Time
- Nurse Anesthetists Never Miss a Beat While Providing Anesthesia
- Nurse Anesthetists' Number One Priority and Passion are One and the Same: Their Patients
- Nurse Anesthetists Providing Patient Care Extraordinaire
- Nurse Anesthetists Celebrate 150 Years of Providing Quality and Excellence in Anesthesia Care
- National CRNA Week Ideas
- Anesthesia Q&A
- Text for Before You Have Surgery/Antes de Su Cirugia Public Service Announcement
- Text for Me Quadare Con Usted/I Will Stay With You Public Service Announcement
Use these graphics in your social media campaigns! (They are not high enough resolution to reproduce as posters. For printing poster artwork, use the links above.)
- Battle-Tested Anesthesia Care Poster
- Hands On...Watchful...Caring Poster
- Helping New Mothers Feel Only Joy Poster
- Nurse Anesthetists Put the Care in Medicare Poster
- Rural Americans Count on CRNAs Poster
- National CRNA Week Poster
To order National CRNA Week merchandise, visit the AANA Bookstore
During National CRNA Week
In the News
News about National CRNA Week and the many activities going on around the country are posted here during National CRNA Week.
Social Media Hashtag: #crnaweek
Be sure to follow AANA on:
After National CRNA Week
Participant Questionnaire - fill out what you liked about National CRNA Week 2018, and add your suggestions for what you would like to see for National CRNA Week 2019.
Enter your activities in the Public Relations Recognition Awards competition.
About This Event
National CRNA Week is celebrated the last full week in January on an annual basis. 2018 marks the 19th National CRNA Week, which began in 2000.
CRNAs: The Future of Anesthesia Care Today
This public education campaign is designed to inform key audiences about the role and value of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) in delivering anesthesia care in today’s—and tomorrow’s—U.S. healthcare system. Visit the website today!