Dental Anesthesia Resources
CRNAs provide anesthesia and analgesia in all practice settings, including dental offices. The links below provide resources relevant to dental anesthesia for the adult and pediatric population.
These resources are from the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Office Based Practice
State Law Considerations
- CRNAs Working with Dentists (Login required)
- AAPD: Policy on the Use of Deep Sedation and General Anesthesia in the Pediatric Dental Office
- AAPD: Policy on Pediatric Pain Management
- AAPD: Guideline on Use of Local Anesthesia for Pediatric Dental Patients
- AAPD: Guideline on Use of Nitrous Oxide for Pediatric Dental Patients
- AAPD: Guideline for Monitoring and Management of Pediatric Patients During and After Sedation for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures
- AAP: Critical Elements for the Pediatric Perioperative Anesthesia Environment
- All AAPD Definitions, Oral Health Policies, and Clinical Practice Guidelines
- CDC: Releases New Mobile App for Infection Prevention in Dental Settings
- CDC: Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings: Basic Expectations for Safe Care
- CDC: Infection Prevention Checklist for Dental Settings
- CDC: Recommendations from the Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Heath Care Settings - 2003
- CDC: Infection Prevention & Control Guidelines & Recommendations
- AANA: Infection Control Resources
The resources on this page may incorporate or summarize views, guidelines or recommendations of third parties. Such material is assembled and presented in good faith, but does not necessarily reflect the views of the AANA. Links to third-party websites are inserted for informational purposes and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organization.