For Immediate Release September 13, 2017
For more information, contact: AANA Public Relations
Florida resident leads his profession as new president,
vows to make a difference
Bruce Weiner, DNP, MSNA, CRNA, a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and resident of Tampa, Fla., takes office as the 2017-18 president of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
"I got into this profession to make a difference," said Weiner. "CRNAs are the best-positioned profession to bring access to care to all patients. Representing the nation’s 52,000 nurse anesthetists, I intend to bring awareness to the patient-centered anesthesia care that our members provide every day. Every breath, every beat, every second, as CRNAs, we will always be there, providing you the best in anesthesia care when you need it, where you need it.”
Active in Profession
- A CRNA for 33 years, Weiner continues to provide clinical anesthesia services in the Tampa Bay area.
- Guest lecturer at the University of South Florida Nurse Anesthesia Program.
- Served on boards of directors at both state and national levels.
- Active member, American Nurses Association
- Active member, American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Active member, Sigma Theta Tau and Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Societies.
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP), University of South Florida.
- Master’s degree in Nurse Anesthesiology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond.
- Bachelor’s degree, Nursing, University of Delaware.