Hurricane Florence Resources
Hurricane Florence has descended upon the East Coast of the United States, with expected wind gusts to possibly exceed 100 mph, and bring several inches of rain. Below are listed some resources for those affected, and those who wish to help.
- North Carolina Nurses Association Relief Fund
The North Carolina Nurses Association and its charitable arm, the North Carolina Foundation for Nursing, are announcing an emergency campaign to provide support to nurses who have suffered loss or damages from Hurricane Florence. If you are interested in donating: Donate. Nurses who need to apply for relief aid: Apply.
- Aetna Resources for Hurricane Florence
Aetna resources for members in N.C., S.C., Va., Md., Ga., and Washington, D.C.
- American Heart Association - Hurricane Florence Resources
Recommendations on prescription medicines (replacements, emergency refills), and a patient-preparedness plan.
- All Hands and Hearts - Hurricane Florence Relief
Relief efforts for areas hit by natural disaster. Volunteer opportunities.
- Cabarrus County, North Carolina - Hurricane Florence Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Information for before and after a hurricane, Hurricane Florence resources.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Emergency Operations Center for Hurricane Florence
Where the CDC coordinates all of their activities for public health needs before, during and after Hurricane Florence.
- Charity Navigator
Your guide to intelligent giving. Provides ratings of various charities and how your donation is used.
- FEMA.gov - Hurricane Florence
Up-to-date resources and information on the federal response to Hurricane Florence.
- FEMA - Emergency Preparedness Materials (Families, Pets, Seniors, Disabled, Businesses)
Preparation information for pet owners, people with disabilities, an emergency supply list, a commuter emergency plan, business plan, and more.
- Health and Human Services
Public Health Emergency information and resources are available.
- Mark Yourself Safe and Well - Red Cross
Let loved ones know you are safe and well.
- National Hurricane Center - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Weather Service - Hurricane Florence Information
Helpful compilation of information to use before, during, and after the storm in order to have the most recent forecast conditions for your area, as well as emergency management information on evacuations, shelters, and resources.
- Orange County, North Carolina - Hurricane Florence Resources
This page will include resources for residents to report issues or request assistance during and after Hurricane Florence.
- Pet-Friendly Hurricane Florence Relief Centers and Other Resources for Pet Owners
Resources to help people find pet-friendly relief centers that will accept all members of the family — including the furry ones.
- Red Cross
Help people affected by Hurricane Florence.
- The Salvation Army
Learn how you can help.
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
Emergency services, evacuations, volunteer, donate, emergency shelters, and more.
- U.S. Department of Defense
National Guard response, FEMA, and more.
- U.S. Department of Transportation
News and resources from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Highway Administration (FHA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and more.
- The Weather Channel - Tracking Hurricane Florence
News coverage and breaking news.
- WeatherSTEM - Wind Forecasts