Sharps Tank at AANA Leadership Summit
November 8-10, 2019 | Naples Grand Beach Resort, Naples FL.
The AANA Sharps Tank experience is an opportunity for CRNAs and SRNAs to utilize their practice management and business skills to develop a business pitch and present it at the AANA Leadership Summit.
Back to AANA Leadership Summit.
Sharps Tank FAQs
- How can I participate?
If you’re planning to attend the Leadership Summit, any individual or group of up to four CRNAs and/or SRNAs can enter to be a finalist.
- What are the submission criteria?
We are looking for innovative business ideas. Create a one-page double spaced 12-point font proposal narrative telling us why you should be selected as a finalist in the AANA’s Sharps Tank. Submit your proposal to email@example.com by October 4, 2019.
Consider the following in your proposal:
- What is your innovative idea?
- New twist with compelling potential.
- Feasibility of the idea.
- Proof of Market: Demonstrate that there is potential for your business to be successful in the market.
- Who is the ideal customer for your business?
- What is the market for your business?
- Competitive Advantage:
- Who are your competitors or how do you plan to successfully enter an empty market?
- How will you differentiate yourself?
Detailed plans and executive summaries are valuable to prepare your presentation, but not required.
- Where do I submit my proposal?
Email your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the submission deadline?
October 4, 2019
- Who will be choosing the finalists?
The proposals will be reviewed by the Sharps Tank judges, who are also Leadership Summit presenters. The top three submissions will be invited to pitch their business idea at the Leadership Summit on Nov 10, 2019.
- Once selected, what is the presentation format?
The top three proposals will present at the Leadership Summit on Nov 10, 2019. You will have three minutes to pitch your idea, followed by seven minutes of questioning by the judges.
- Who are the judges?
The three judges will be selected from Leadership Summit presenters.
- What are the judging criteria?
The judges will consider:
- The criteria for submission—see FAQ #2.
- Quality of the pitch: Sell yourself!
- Did the presenter(s) clearly described the business?
- Ability to respond to questions.
- Time Limit: Stays within 3-minute pitch and 7-minute question-and-answer time frames.
- If I’m selected, will my travel or registration be reimbursed?
No. Travel, Leadership Summit registration, and related expenses will not be reimbursed by the AANA.
- What are the prizes?
The first-place winner will receive a cash prize (to be shared among the winning group, regardless of number of participants). All finalists get valuable feedback from seasoned professionals and bragging rights for being participants at AANA’s 2nd Annual Sharps Tank experience!
- What if I have more questions?
Please direct questions to email@example.com.