Practice Leadership Assembly
NEW! Building on the popularity of the Business of Anesthesia & the Fundamentals of Practice Management track at the AANA 2017 Annual Congress, Practice Leadership Assembly is designed to give business owners as well as practice and facility leaders the insight and confidence to lead the way in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Special Offer for Practice Leadership Assembly Attendees
#AANAPLA attendees will receive a unique code to save 20% off the Winter or Spring Anesthesia Business Seminar. Take your dream of owning or expanding your own practice a step further. When you complete this interactive, eight-week course led by Larry Hornsby, BSN, CRNA, and Juan Quintana, DNP, MHS, CRNA, you’ll come away with a personalized plan and the confidence to follow it.
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 17.25 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1036402; Expiration Date 11/11/2018.
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
AANA is an approved provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing, CEP #10862.
The Practice Leadership Assembly is designed to give business owners, as well as practice and facility leaders, the insight and confidence to lead the way in a rapidly changing healthcare environment
Friday, November 9, 2018
- 7:45 - 8:00 AM: AANA CEO Report
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM: The Business Savvy CRNA: The Journey to Entrepreneurial Success
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM: Anesthesia Practice Models: Moving with the Market
- 10:30 - 11:30 AM: Chronic Pain Management
- 12:45 - 1:45 PM: Ketamine Infusion Clinic: Depression, Chronic Pain Remodulation
- 1:45 - 2:45 PM: Reimbursement for Tomorrow
- 3:15 - 4:15 PM: Opportunities with Key Reimbursement Decision Makers
- 4:15 - 5:00 PM: BOD Open Forum - AANA President Report
- 5:45 PM: Shuttle Departs for AANA Reception
- 6:00 PM: AANA Reception at Headquarters in Park Ridge
Saturday, November 10, 2018
- 7:45 - 8:45 AM: Leading Beyond the Anesthetizing Area: Data, Artificial Intelligence & Why Not?
- 8:45 - 9:45 AM: Mitigating Daily Practice Risks To Limit An Attorney’s Interest In Your Record
- 9:45 - 10:15 AM: Understanding Malpractice Insurance
- 10:45 - 11:45 AM: Engaging Your Staff for Excellence and Success
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: You Are in Leadership Now: What You Are About to Learn and Wish You Had Known Before
- 2:00 - 3:00 PM: Negotiating Contracts and RFPs – Getting to the Best Result
- 3:30 - 4:30 PM: Knowing Your Value
- 4:30 - 5:30 PM: "Sharps Tank"
- 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM: CRNA-PAC Presents "Dueling Pianos" - additional fee and registration required
Sunday, November 11, 2018
- 8:00 - 9:00 AM: The Pervasive Problem of Distracted Healthcare Delivery: How to Balance Patient Care with Healthcare Technology
- 9:00 - 10:00 AM: Healthcare Entrepreneurship - Where are the Opportunities?
- 10:15 AM - 12:00 PM: Consultation Roundtable
All presenters and planners of this continuing nursing education activity are required to disclose to the audience any significant financial relationship with the manufacturer(s) of any commercial healthcare products, goods, or services consumed by or used on patients. If any conflict has been disclosed, the planners of this program assure that the content is unbiased and free of any conflict of interest. Attendees will be provided full disclosure information on the AANA Meetings App and in the Final Program.
AANA Member *
Before 10/9/2018: $599 Members Save $100!
After 10/9/2018: $699
Before 10/9/2018: $899
After 10/9/2018: $999
Associate Member (Student)
Before 10/9/2018: $299
After 10/9/2018: $350
Online registration will close at 12 noon Wednesday, November 7. We will re-open onsite at the Westin Hotel at 4:00 pm CST Thursday, November 8.
*Learn more about the benefits of AANA Membership.
Sharps Tank at Practice Leadership Assembly
Witness your most fearless peers pitch their innovative business concepts to an expert panel of PLA CRNA presenters. The winner nets a $2,000 first prize, and everyone who survives the experience will have received valuable advice and consultation from seasoned CRNA business professionals.
CRNA-PAC Presents - "Dueling Pianos"
Saturday, November 10 | 6:30 PM | Westin O'Hare
Join CRNA-PAC for a high-energy and fun-filled dueling piano event at the AANA Practice Leadership Academy. All proceeds from the event will benefit the CRNA-PAC—your voice in Washington, DC! Your ticket purchase will include heavy hors d’oeuvres and two drink tickets. Come ready to sing and dance the night away!
Ticket purchase required. CRNA - $200.00 SRNA - $125.00
The following is an FEC required legal notification for CRNA-PAC: Gifts to political action committees are not tax deductible. Contributions to CRNA-PAC are for political purposes. All contributions to CRNA-PAC are voluntary. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal. The guidelines are merely suggestions. You are free to contribute more or less than the guidelines suggest and the association will not favor or disadvantage you by reason of the amount contributed or the decision not to contribute. Federal law requires CRNA-PAC to use its best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and the name of the employer of individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in a calendar year. Each contributor must be a US Citizen.
6100 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018
AANA has secured a block of rooms at The Westin O’Hare Hotel at a Group Rate: $169 single/double (plus 14% tax)*
*Subject to availability. Reserve your hotel room before 10/25/2018 by 5:00 PM CDT to obtain special group rate.
Make your reservation today by calling 888-627-8517 and identify yourself as attending the AANA Practice Leadership Assembly or reserve online!
Exhibitor registration is open!
Dates: November 9-10, 2018
Location: Westin O'Hare, Rosemont, IL
Exhibit Dates & Times:
- Friday, November 9| 6:45 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, November 10 | 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Exhibitor set-up and tear down times:
- Set Up - Thursday, November 8 | 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Tear Down - Saturday, November 10 | After 3:30 pm
Exhibitor package includes:
- 2 Exhibitor badges
- 6' draped table and two chairs
Rosemont, Illinois United States