Education Opportunities for Educators
Candidates for Delegate to Education Committee
One delegate to the Education Committee will be elected at the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators in Braselton, GA. Only CRNA members registered for the meeting are eligible to vote. You will receive a ballot when you pick up your badge. Check out the delegate candidates here (login required).
Student Excellence Award
One student will receive the Education Committee Student Excellence Award at the Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress. The winner will be recognized at the Student Luncheon.
The award will be presented to a student in good academic standing who demonstrates outstanding leadership and professionalism during their nurse anesthesia program, participates in activities that foster a positive public image of nursing, participates in activities that foster high quality health care to consumers, or engages in volunteer activities of community service or support of health care.
The student must be nominated by the program administrator or the program administrator’s faculty designee. All individuals who are a student at the time of the submission deadline are eligible.
Defining characteristics of nominees include:
- evidence of professional promise
- record of extracurricular activities or other contributions to the college or community
- consistent excellent performance in the clinical setting for at least two semesters
- 1 submission per program.
- Submission must be a narrative of no more than 1000 words.
- The narrative must briefly describe the student’s defining characteristics bulleted above, and provide specific details on how the student demonstrates excellence in leadership, scholarship, service or a related area.
Nominations must be submitted via e-mail to the Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20th. Please direct any questions to the Education Department by e-mail or at 847-655-1161.
Anesthesia College Bowl and CRNA Challenge Team
The spirited College Bowl is held annually at the AANA Annual Congress. Annual Congress takes place August 14-18 in San Diego, CA. The College Bowl will take place Monday, August 17, 2020. Six teams of students play each other, answering questions about anesthesia that have been submitted by nurse anesthesia program directors. The winning student team faces off against a team of six CRNAs to determine the ultimate winner of the College Bowl.
- Program directors may submit up to two students to participate and also must submit seven questions for the game. Nominations are submitted by completing the application survey.
- Didactic and clinical faculty, sign up for the CRNA Challenge Team to take on the students, who are tough competitors! (Make sure you save the form before completing it.)
- Applications for both students and CRNAs are due May 4th.
Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators Abstract Process
The abstract submission process for the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators is closed. The process will reopen in March 2020 for the 2021 ADCE.
Student Mentoring Program at Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
This mentoring program consists of a one-day mentoring experience at the February Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators for students who are interested in becoming nurse anesthesia educators. Students are mentored by experienced CRNA educators other than their own faculty.
- Students are nominated by their program administrator to participate.
- Volunteers are needed to serve as mentors and are paired with a student who is not enrolled in their program.
The application process opens in Fall 2020.
Delegate to the Education Committee
There are two delegates to the committee who each serve two-year terms. One delegate is elected every year at the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators in February. Delegates must be CRNAs who spend at least 50% of their time in the didactic and/or clinical instruction of nurse anesthesia students at the time of application. During their tenure on the committee, they must:
- Be continuously involved in the didactic and/or clinical instruction of nurse anesthesia students.
- Attend the February Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators and AANA Annual Congress during both years of their term.
- Attend Education Committee meetings and conference calls for the two-year term which begins immediately following the AANA Annual Congress in the year elected.
The application process opens in late Fall 2020.
Visit COVID-19 Well-being for wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic
AANA Peer Assistance Helpline for drugs/alcohol concerns
24/7 confidential live support and resources for CRNAs/SRNAs
AFSP Suicide Hotline
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hotline
RAINN National Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Hotline
Support, resources and referrals by trained support specialists