Education Opportunities for Educators
Student Mentoring Program at Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
This mentoring program consists of a one-day mentoring experience at the February Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators for students who are interested in becoming nurse anesthesia educators. Students are mentored by experienced CRNA educators other than their own faculty.
- Only one student who has been recommended by their program director is accepted from each nurse anesthesia program.
- Volunteers are needed to serve as mentors and are paired with a student who is not enrolled in their program.
Simply e-mail the Education department at email@example.com to nominate a student and/or sign up as a mentor by December 9, 2019.
Delegate to the Education Committee
There are two delegates to the committee who each serve two-year terms. One delegate is elected every year at the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators in February. Delegates must be CRNAs who spend at least 50% of their time in the didactic and/or clinical instruction of nurse anesthesia students at the time of application. During their tenure on the committee, they must:
- Be continuously involved in the didactic and/or clinical instruction of nurse anesthesia students.
- Attend the February Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators and AANA Annual Congress during both years of their term.
- Attend Education Committee meetings and conference calls for the two-year term which begins immediately following the AANA Annual Congress in the year elected.
- Applications are due January 6, 2020.
Student Excellence Award
Program administrators may nominate one student for this award annually. Nominees must show evidence of professional promise, have a record of extracurricular activities or other contributions to the college or community, and demonstrate consistent excellent performance in the clinical setting for at least two semesters. The winner is selected by the Education Committee and recognized during the Student Luncheon at the AANA Nurse Anesthesia Annual Congress. The nomination process opens in early 2020.
Anesthesia College Bowl and CRNA Challenge Team
The spirited College Bowl is held annually at the AANA Annual Congress. Next year Annual Congress takes place August 14-18 in San Diego, CA. The College Bowl will take place Monday, August 17, 2020. Six teams of students play each other, answering questions about anesthesia that have been submitted by nurse anesthesia program directors. The winning student team faces off against a team of six CRNAs to determine the ultimate winner of the College Bowl. The application process will open in early 2020.
Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators Abstract Process
The abstract submission process for the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators is closed. The process will reopen in March 2020 for the 2021 ADCE.
AANA Peer Assistance Helpline for drugs/alcohol concerns
24/7 confidential live support and resources for CRNAs/SRNAs
AFSP Suicide Hotline
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Hotline
RAINN National Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Hotline
Support, resources and referrals by trained support specialists