AANA member resources for navigating the new CPC Program
Beginning in 2016, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists will begin to be recertified under a new process developed by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA). The AANA Continuing Education Committee (CEC) has developed all of the resources CRNAs need to understand and meet the requirements of the NBCRNA's new Continued Professional Certification (CPC) program, from websites detailing the specifics and timelines of the new CPC program, to educational resources to meet the new requirements, to tools to help track your progress. Key aspects of the new CPC program include:
- Class A credits (assessed CE): 60 credits every four year cycle
- Class B credits (professional development): 40 credits every four year cycle
- Core Modules: every four years; however, optional for first four year cycle
- CPC Examination: Every eight years; does not affect certification status until 2032/2033
To help you transition into the NBCRNA CPC Program, take advantage of your AANA membership benefits and use AANA Learn to:
Track Class B credits
- Earn Class A credits with your 6 free AANA Learn courses
- Purchase AANA's new CPC Core Modules now available on AANA Learn
Visit the New AANA Learn Today!
Find educational opportunities to earn and track Class A continuing education credits and meet new Class B requirements for the CPC program.
Become a Member
Join the AANA and experience the support and resources that your nearly 50,000 CRNA and SRNA colleagues already know. Benefits include tracking of your progress in the new CPC program, continuing education, discounts and more!