Peer Assistance Advisors Committee
The ad hoc Peer Assistance Advisors Committee (PAAC) provides advocacy and information to the association members and the public on issues regarding practitioner well-being as it pertains to nurse anesthetists’ and students’ risk for substance use disorder (SUD). The work is committed to educational endeavors and aggressive promotion of prevention modalities; committee members offer confidential assistance, informational support and referral resources in the formulation of guidelines for early recognition, intervention, treatment, long-term recovery, and appropriate re-entry. PAAC members respond to helpline calls (800-654-5167) and lead the AANA Peer Assistance support network comprised of State Peer Advisors (SPAs; www.AANA.com/SPA) and provide a wealth of online resources at www.AANAPeerAssistance.com.
- Participate in responding to helpline calls according to schedule.
- Committee meetings/conference calls: One face-to-face in Chicago area (date TBD). Regularly scheduled conference calls to meet planning needs and committee work.
- Regular communication with SPAs in assigned region.
- AANA meeting attendance as individually assigned: One individual to represent both H&W and Peer Assistance will be assigned and funded to attend AANA assembly meetings - Fall, Mid Year & School Faculty. Annual Meeting representative funding will be based on needs for educational lectures.
- Any committee member that attends an AANA meeting during their term acts as a representative of the committee and, if at all feasible, is expected to assist the assigned/funded committee member.
- Participate in your region’s state association meetings to provide education and awareness of substance use disorder and the help available.
- Additional time includes email correspondence
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
- September 13-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
For the Fiscal Year 2021 Committee:
- September 12-13 (tentative), 2020 - Park Ridge, Ill.