Peer Assistance Advisors Committee
The ad hoc Peer Assistance Advisors Committee (PAAC) provides advocacy and information to the association members and the public on issues regarding practitioner well-being as it pertains to nurse anesthetists’ and students’ risk for substance use disorder (SUD).
- Lead the AANA peer support network comprised of State Peer Advisors (SPAs) nationwide
- Serve as advisors to educate and guide the SPAs in their assigned states.
- Oversee the AANA Peer Assistance Helpline (800-654-5167) to closely monitor process and outcomes in providing confidential peer support.
- Commit to building educational endeavors and aggressive promotion of prevention modalities via lectures, state outreach, online resources, and the informational support and referral resources to AANA Helpline callers.
- Provide guidelines for early recognition, intervention, treatment, long-term recovery, and appropriate re-entry.
- Work in solidarity and collaboration with the Practice and Health & Wellness committees.
See Job Description above for more information on Membership Criteria, Expected Time Commitment, Responsibilities, etc.
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
- September 13-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
For the Fiscal Year 2021 Committee:
- September 12-13, 2020 - Park Ridge, Ill.