Peer Assistance Advisors Committee
Not pictured: Loretta (Ann) Bostic, DNP, MBA, CRNA, ARNP.
The ad hoc Peer Assistance Advisors Committee (PAAC) provides advocacy and information to the association members and the public on issues regarding practitioner well-being as it pertains to nurse anesthetists’ and students’ risk for substance use disorder (SUD). The work is committed to educational endeavors and aggressive promotion of prevention modalities; committee members offer confidential assistance, informational support and referral resources in the formulation of guidelines for early recognition, intervention, treatment, long-term recovery, and appropriate re-entry. PAAC members respond to helpline calls (800-654-5167) and lead the AANA Peer Assistance support network comprised of State Peer Advisors (SPAs; www.AANA.com/SPA) and provide a wealth of online resources at www.AANAPeerAssistance.com.
- Participate in responding to helpline calls according to schedule.
- Committee meetings/conference calls: One face-to-face in Chicago area (date TBD). Regularly scheduled conference calls to meet planning needs and committee work.
- Regular communication with SPAs in assigned region.
- AANA meeting attendance as individually assigned: One individual to represent both H&W and Peer Assistance will be assigned and funded to attend AANA assembly meetings - Fall, Mid Year & School Faculty. Annual Meeting representative funding will be based on needs for educational lectures.
- Any committee member that attends an AANA meeting during their term acts as a representative of the committee and, if at all feasible, is expected to assist the assigned/funded committee member.
- Participate in your region’s state association meetings to provide education and awareness of substance use disorder and the help available.
- Additional time includes email correspondence
For the Fiscal Year 2019 Committee:
- August 25-26, 2018 - Park Ridge, Ill. (Possibly August 27th morning if needed)
The typical Joint Committee Conference which is a kick off meeting for some committees will be held earlier in the year as a committee orientation and kickoff. Please note this date change.
The Fiscal Year 2019 Committee's duties will officially begin following the September 22-25, 2018 Annual Congress.