Health and Wellness Committee
Not pictured: Fara Lekhnych, MSN, CRNA.
The Ad Hoc Health & Wellness Committee (H&W) designs, implements, and monitors programs that foster lifelong healthy behavior decisions for AANA members. The committee’s mission recognizes personal and professional risk factors (such as workplace and personal stress, other physical and mental disorders including substance use disorder) and strives to address these in a manner that promotes a balanced and fulfilling personal and professional life. H&W works in solidarity and collaboration with the Practice and Peer Assistance Advisors committees.
- One face-to-face committee meeting. Conference calls to be scheduled to meet planning needs (min. 4/year).
- AANA meeting attendance as individually assigned: One individual to represent both H&W and Peer Assistance will be assigned and funded to attend AANA assembly meetings – Fall Leadership Summit, Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE) and Mid-Year Assembly. The Chair and the student representative are funded to attend the Annual Congress.
- Any committee member attending an AANA meeting during their term acts as a representative of the committee and, if at all feasible, is expected to assist the assigned/funded committee member.
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
- September 14-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
For the Fiscal Year 2021 Committee:
- September 12-13, 2020 - Park Ridge, Ill. (Tentative)