Health and Wellness Committee
Not pictured: Fara Lekhnych, MSN, CRNA.
The Ad Hoc Health & Wellness Committee (H&W) designs, implements, and monitors programs that foster lifelong healthy behavior decisions for AANA members. The work of the committee stems from yearly charges proposed by the President-Elect and approved by the AANA Board of Directors. The committee’s mission recognizes personal and professional risk factors (such as workplace and personal stress as well as other physical and mental disorders) and strives to address these in a manner that promotes a balanced and fulfilling personal and professional life. H&W works in solidarity and collaboration with the Practice and Peer Assistance Advisors Committees.H&W member responsibilities:
- Review the components of the AANA H&W Program and provide strategic direction;
- Collaborate with other AANA Committees, Councils, and AANA Foundation regarding wellness evidence based research, educational projects, and promoting healthy life-styles;
- Provide input for and feedback from wellness activities at AANA Meetings;
- Recommend ideas to build member awareness of the program and its resources, along with the underlying message that AANA leadership encourages and supports each member’s well-being;
- Be involved in state associations’ wellness initiatives as well as promote AANA wellness resources (e.g., developing state-specific resources, presenting at state meetings).
- Provide expert content review and feedback on health and wellness topics, including abstracts submitted to Professional Development for Annual Congress, topics for the AANA NewsBulletin Wellness Milestone articles, and collaboration on AANA documents with the Practice and Peer Assistance Advisors Committees.
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
- September 14-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
For the Fiscal Year 2021 Committee:
- September 12-13, 2020 - Park Ridge, Ill.