Standing, from left to right: Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist, AANA Staff; Reginald Middlebrooks, DNP, CRNA, LCDR, NC, USN; Devin Miller, BSN, RN, Student Representative; Franklin McShane, DNP, CRNA; Hylda Nugent, DNP, CRNA.
Not pictured: Bryan Tune, DNP, CRNA.
AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII, Section 5, D: Education Committee
The Education Committee shall review requirements and standards for programs of nurse anesthesia education and formulate recommendations regarding same for any accreditation entity recognized by the AANA, and shall also plan and conduct the assembly of school faculty programs. One student Associate member may be elected to serve on this Committee. Two committee members are elected by the attendees at an assembly of school faculty meeting. They each serve an alternating two year term.
For the Fiscal Year 2018 Committee:
Three in-person meetings:
- Joint Committee Conference (JCC) September 2017
- Assembly of School Faculty (ASF) in February 2018
- Annual Congress i- September 2018.
In addition to the formal meetings, business is conducted via e-mail and conference calls between meetings.
For the Fiscal Year 2019 Committee:
- August 25-26, 2018 - Park Ridge, Ill. (Possibly August 27th morning if needed)
- February 2019 - Houston, TX - Assembly of School Faculty
- August 2019 - Chicago, IL - Annual Congress
The typical Joint Committee Conference which is a kick off meeting for some committees will be held earlier in the year as a committee orientation and kickoff. Please note this date change.
The Fiscal Year 2019 Committee's duties will officially begin following the September 22-25, 2018 Annual Congress.
- Bruce A. Schoneboom, PhD, CRNA, FAAN, COL (Ret), USA, Senior Director, Education and Professional Development
- Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist