Front row, from left to right: Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, AANA Staff; Adrianna Silva, BSN, RN, CCRN, Student Representative; Michele Ballister, DNP, CRNA, APRN, CHSE, Chair; Nicole Damico, PhD, CRNA, CHSE.
Not pictured: Judy Thompson, DNAP, CRNA, APRN.
AANA Bylaw Language
Article VII, Section 5, D: Education Committee
The Education Committee shall review requirements and standards for programs of nurse anesthesia education and formulate recommendations regarding same for any accreditation entity recognized by the AANA, and shall also plan and conduct the assembly of school faculty programs. One student Associate member may be elected to serve on this Committee by the Student Associate members attending the annual meeting. Two committee members are elected by the attendees at an assembly of school faculty meeting. They each serve an alternating two year term.
For the Fiscal Year 2020 Committee:
Three in-person meetings:
- September 13-15, 2019 - Park Ridge, Ill.
- February 2020 - Haselton, GA - Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
- August 2020 - San Diego, CA - Annual Congress
- In between meetings, business is conducted via e-mail and conference calls.
For the Fiscal Year 2021 Committee:
- September 12-13, 2020 (tentative) - Park Ridge, Ill.
- February 2021 - Location TBD - Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators (ADCE)
- August 2021 - Austin, TX - Annual Congress
- Barbara Farkas, MAdEd, Senior Accreditation and Education Specialist