Professional Practice Documents
- SEDASYS Information (Login required)
- The Joint Commission Released its Proposed Perinatal Care Certification Standards for Field Survey. Find out more information and how you can comment here (Login required), September 22, 2014 (New)
- Interested in being a surveyor for the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)? AAAASF will hold surveyor training on October 10, 2014 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Click HERE for registration information, September 18, 2014
- Deploying to West Africa? CDC Announces a Safety Training Course for Healthcare Workers Responding to Ebola Outbreak, September 15, 2014
- Upcoming webinar: The HIT infrastructure of ACOs: A deeper dive into recent survey findings
- Presented by Premier, Inc.
- September 24, 2014 at 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. ET
- Register HERE
- The Joint Commission opens standards field reviews: Proposed revisions for diagnostic imaging services requirements, September 14, 2014
- The Joint Commission: Preventing violent and criminal events, September 14, 2014
- Why organizations self report sentinel events to The Joint Commission, September 14, 2014
- HIPAA privacy and security basics for providers, September 14, 2014
- The Joint Commission posts three revised requirements for critical access hospitals, September 14, 2014
- The Joint Commission: Emergency Management Resources - Pandemic/Public Health, September 14, 2014
- NIOSH updates list of drugs that pose a risk to health workers, September 11, 2014
- Upcoming Webinar: Obstetric Hemorrhage Patient Safety Bundle
- Presented by The Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care
- Tuesday, September 23 at noon ET
- More information and registration HERE
- AANA Diversity Resources
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.