Professional Practice Documents
- Test your knowledge of clinical alarm safety with an Alarm Safety Game Show, brought to you by the Healthcare Risk Control System. It's a fun and educational way to learn how to create an alarms safety taskforce, evaluate your current alarm coverage process, and become aware of common alarm-related risks, March 5, 2014 (New)
- ECRI Institute has mapped out a six-step path toward reducing clinical alarm hazards based on it's extensive onsite work helping healthcare facilities worldwide improve their management of clinical alarms. Read an excerpt of ECRI's guidance, March 5, 2014 (New)
- New Board-Approved Document: Considerations for Adding New Activities to Individual CRNA Scope of Practice, February 25, 3014 (Login Required)
- Agila Specialties Private Limited initiates voluntary nationwide recall of 10 lots of Etomidate Injection 2 mg/mL, February 21, 2014
- Philips Respironics initiates recall of Trilogy Ventilator, February 21, 2014
- National Alert Network: Potential inaccuracy of electronically transmitted medication history information used for medication reconciliation, February 19, 2014
- Upcoming free webinar: ICD-10: Ready Or Not, Here It Comes!
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.