Professional Practice Documents
- Upcoming Webinar: Patient, Staff, and Family Support Following a Severe Maternal Event (New)
- Presented by The Council on Patient Safety in Women's Health Care
- Tuesday, October 14 at 12:30 pm ET
- More information and registration HERE
- SEDASYS Information (Login required)
- Ebola Virus Disease Information (New)
- Health Volunteers Overseas (HVO) is looking for CRNAs for a one month assignment to Bhutan in January or March to provide continuing education to anesthesia providers. Volunteers will also help develop and implement a formal two year training program for nurse anesthesia students. For more information, contact Kate Douglass at email@example.com (New)
- The Joint Commission: Prepublication Standards – Standards revisions related to medical equipment and utility system maintenance for the CAH deemed program, September 24, 2014
- Know Your Source: Protecting Patients from Unsafe Drugs, September 23, 2014
- Report: Standardizing and Evaluating Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies (REMS), September 2014
- The AANA Board of Directors recently adopted the following documents:
- The Joint Commission Released its Proposed Perinatal Care Certification Standards for Field Survey. Find out more information and how you can comment here (Login required), September 22, 2014
- Interested in being a surveyor for the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF)? AAAASF will hold surveyor training on October 10, 2014 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Click HERE for registration information, September 18, 2014
- The Joint Commission opens standards field reviews: Proposed revisions for diagnostic imaging services requirements, September 14, 2014
- AANA Diversity Resources
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.