Professional Practice Documents
- Positive Updates for CRNAs in Revised DNV Acute Care Accreditation Requirements and Interpretive Guidelines (Login Required), July 24, 2014 (New)
- FDA approves Targiniq ER (oxycodone hydrochloride/naloxone hydrochloride extended-release tablets), an extended-release/long-acting opioid analgesic with abuse-deterrent properties. July 23, 2014 (New)
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation First Friday Google+ Hangout (New)
- Panelists will discuss the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action
- August 1, 2014
- 12:15 - 1:00 p.m. ET
- RSVP for the event HERE
- Tweet your questions using #RWJF1stFri
- FDA Approves Eagle Pharmaceuticals’ Ryanodex® for the Treatment of Malignant Hyperthermia, July 24, 2014 (New)
- CDC: All health care organizations urged to prepare for MERS-CoV, July 17, 2014
- Baxter International, Inc. - Voluntary recall of four lots of intravenous (IV) solutions, July 16, 2014
- FDA alerts health care professionals not to use sterile drugs from Unique Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. due to potential contamination. July 11, 2014
- CDC Vital Signs - Opioid Painkiller Prescribing: Where You Live Makes a Difference
- Accreditation Association for Hospitals/Health Systems (AAHHS) has launched a national small hospital accreditation program. Learn more about this program here (Login Required), July 9, 2014
- AANA Diversity Resources
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Pain Management Guideline Development Project Webpage (Login Required)
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.