Professional Practice Documents
- AANA releases new Practice Consideration Anesthesia Care of the Ebola Patient, October 23, 2014 (New)
- New Joint Commission Hospital Accreditation Chapter Puts Heightened Focus on Safety, October 22, 2014 (New)
- AANA contributes to article titled "Empowering Providers to Eliminate Surgical Fires", October 20, 2014 (New)
- FDA warns consumers about fraudulent Ebola treatment products, October 14, 2014
- Ebola Virus Disease Information
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues in Hospitals, October 10, 2014
- HFAP: Ambulatory Surgical Center Manual Update – August 2014 – Effective Immediately, October 10, 2014
- AHRQ Report: The Effectiveness and Risks of Long-Term Opioid Treatment of Chronic Pain, October 10, 2014
- The Joint Commission opens standards field review: Clinical Alarm Systems NPSG Survey, October 10, 2014
- Closes on October 29, 2014
SEDASYS Information (Login required)
Health Volunteers Overseas (HVO) is looking for CRNAs for a one month assignment to Bhutan in January or March to provide continuing education to anesthesia providers. Volunteers will also help develop and implement a formal two year training program for nurse anesthesia students. For more information, contact Kate Douglass at email@example.com
- The Joint Commission Released its Proposed Perinatal Care Certification Standards for Field Survey. Find out more information and how you can comment here (Login required), September 22, 2014
- The Joint Commission opens standards field review: Proposed revisions for diagnostic imaging services requirements, September 14, 2014
- AANA Diversity Resources
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.