The American Association of Nurse Anesthetists is a proud member of the National Quality Forum (NQF). AANA's representation of CRNAs in the national quality arena helps ensure the level of care that CRNAs provide to patients is reflected in quality initiatives and performance measures.
Current NQF calls for nomination are listed below. Select the project link to view more information about the project scope, expertise preferred, and time commitment required. Please ensure that you will be able to devote the required time to the project. Although AANA may put forth nominations, if a CRNA is seated, they are seated as an individual, not a representative of the organization. If you are unable to attend a meeting or call, NQF will not allow substitutions.
Any CRNA interested in potentially being nominated for an NQF steering committee, technical expert panel, or advisory panel should provide the following information to the AANA's Professional Practice Division at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your interest in a specific NQF project, provide the following information:
- A copy of your CV (maximum of 20 pages)
- A completed nomination form, which includes:
- A brief statement of interest
- A brief description of nominee expertise highlighting experience relevant to the topic area
- A short biography (100 word limit)
- Review NQF's Conflict of Interest Policy. A Disclosure of Interest form will be requested from the NQF Committee Management office once a nomination is submitted.
- 2-3 paragraphs written in the 3rd person specifically addressing your performance measurement and other relevant experience as it relates to the project. (This information will be inserted into a nomination letter, if you are chosen to be nominated by AANA).
NQF Calls for Nominations
- Renal Measures Standing Committee - due to AANA by November 7, 2014
This project seeks to identify and endorse performance measures for accountability and quality improvement that specifically address conditions, treatments, interventions, or procedures relating to renal conditions which include ESRD and CKD. Measures of interest to NQF in this topic area include outcome measures, measures applicable to more than one setting, measures for adults and children, measures that capture broad populations, measures of chronic care management and care coordination, and eMeasures. In addition to any new measures submitted, twenty-one (21) NQF-endorsed measures that are due for maintenance will be re-evaluated against the most recent NQF measure evaluation criteria.