Ideas for State Association Meetings
There are many health and wellness ideas to support the personal well-being of CRNAs and student nurse anesthetists close to where they live and work. See the State Health and Wellness Exhibit Toolkit for a printable version of these ideas and to download handouts or art for the display.
Benefits to promoting health and wellness:
- Adds variety and networking opportunities
- Helps encourage healthy behaviors
- Provides awareness of the occupational risk of substance use disorder (SUD)
- Informs members of the AANA resources for assisting colleagues with SUD
Include Health/Wellness and Substance Use Disorder Topics:
There are so many topics of health and wellness that are beneficial to your audience.
Offer Wellness Activities to your Attendees:
There are lots of creative ideas from 5K walk/runs, Yoga, tai chi, salsa dancing, Zumba, etc. Poll your membership - you might find several skilled to run a class or eager to lead a group of walker or runners. Designate a morning or evening meeting spot and time for runners and walkers to informally congregate and go out as a group.
Add Fundraising Opportunities to your Wellness Display:nsert Fundraising Opportunities to your Wellness Display:
Invite AANA and State Association Leadership:
AANA Leadership supports CRNA and student nurse anesthetists' wellness. Invite national and state leaders to be included in your health and wellness activities.
Bring Wellness Resources to your Meeting Attendees:
- Post information on local houses of worship - spiritual wellness opportunity for those away from home.
- Schedule an Anesthetists in Recovery (AIR) support meeting. Your State Peer Advisor (SPA) can provide information or contact the AIR phone number.
- List or link to information about the hotel's fitness center or local classes.