Florence Henderson was another prominent nurse anesthetist at St. Mary’s Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota. She provided safe anesthesia to Dr. Charles Mayo’s patients from 1904 to 1917, and was a specialist in the administration of ether. She disseminated her knowledge by speaking at medical societies and publishing articles. In 1913 she read her paper, “Ether Anesthesia,” before the Southern Minnesota Medical Association. She was the only nurse to speak, and her paper was published the next year in the St. Paul Medical Journal. In 1917 she moved to California and provided anesthesia for a group of surgeons until her retirement in the 1920s.