Request for Applications
Safety Scientist Career Development Award (SSCDA)
Application deadline: November 1, 2013
Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) is soliciting applications for training grants to develop the next generation of patient safety scientists.
In this initial proof of concept Request For Applications, APSF intends to fund one Safety Scientist Career Development Award ($150,000 over two years) to the sponsoring institution of a highly promising new safety scientist. The award will be scheduled for funding to being July 1, 2014.
Request for Proposal
The Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation (APSF) announces a Request for Proposals to study the implementation and performance of the:
APSF Pre-Anesthetic Induction Patient Safety Checklist (PIPS)
Deadline for receipt of a proposal: November 1, 2013
Grant scheduled for funding to begin May 1, 2014
- APSF intends to provide up to $200,000 for a period not to exceed two years.
- The proposed study should be a prospective observational clinical trial using the APSF PIPS checklist with a matched and/or parallel control group not cared for with the use of the checklist.
- The proposals will be evaluated by a scientific review committee selected by APSF. Proposals will be assessed for merit based primarily on their likelihood of meeting the contractual objectives outlined in the RFP as well as the proposed study's scientific rigor, innovation, and cost-effectiveness.
- The principal investigator must be an experienced scientist from a North American institution.
- A contract mechanism will be used and funds will be awarded to a single institution.
- Funding will be contingent on acceptable modifications to the proposal based on feedback from the APSF review committee as well as appropriate IRB and institutional approvals.