MTSA & AANA.
Partnering to Make A Difference in Acute Pain Management
Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia, in partnership with American
Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA), now provides certified registered
nurse anesthetists (CRNA) with a convenient and innovative approach to
advance their career in pain management.
This unique post-graduate fellowship utilizes evidence based knowledge to
provide a clinically oriented multidisciplinary training environment for the
comprehensive treatment of acute surgical pain. Fellows will learn advanced
techniques for managing patients’ acute post-surgical pain through hands-on
ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia (USGRA) training, online discussions
and coursework, as well as clinical opportunities with mentors experienced
in acute surgical pain management.
Topics of Study Include:
- Legal, ethical, and professional issues related to acute surgical pain management
- Psychosocial, spiritual and cultural dimensions of acute surgical pain
- Non-allopathic considerations for acute surgical pain management
- Physiological aspects of pain
- Assessment and evaluation of the patient with acute surgical pain
- Pharmacogenetics, dynamics, and kinetics related to acute surgical pain management
- Technical interventions for the management of acute pain
- Foundations of initiating an acute pain service
- Business fundamentals in acute pain management
12-Month Acute Surgical Pain Management Fellowship Program
To be admitted, you must be a CRNA holding an active, unencumbered license. Completion of a basic and advanced-cadaveric USGRA workshop is required prior to enrollment in the program.
SPACE IS LIMITED!
Start the admission process now. Visit MTSA's Acute Surgical Pain Management Fellowship site for an online application and more information.
Call MTSA for information at (888) 353-6872 Monday through Thursday, 8am - 6pm CST