a significant contribution to the educational process of student nurse anesthetists. The award
recognizes the commitment of individuals to the profession of nurse anesthesia and the
advancement of educational standards that further the art and science of anesthesiology and
name is also added to a plaque bearing the names of previous recipients, which is displayed in
the AANA Executive Office. The Award is presented during the AANA Annual Meeting.
The nominee must be a CRNA who has been active as a program director during the most recent year
ending August 31. The nominee may be living or deceased. The individual must:
- Have made innovative contributions to nurse anesthesia programs.
- Be recognized as a role model to students and other program directors.
- Be recognized as a mentor for students and CRNAs.
- Be a member of AANA.
- Be recognized as a leader in nurse anesthesia education.
- Have promoted the development of faculty members.
- Have served as a liaison to promote the profession to the public.
Sandra J. Kilde, CRNA, EdD
Joyce W. Kelly, CRNA, EdD
Kathleen M. Fuller, CRNA, MS
Vera D. Griner, CRNA, MEd
Margaret Faut-Callahan, CRNA, DNSc, FAAN
Sandra Maree Ouellette, CRNA, MEd, FAAN
Margaret M. Meyers, CRNA, MAE
Michael D. Fallacaro, CRNA, DNS
No award presented
Prudentia J. Worth, CRNA, PhD
John J. Nagelhout, CRNA, PhD
Edward S. Thompson, CRNA, PhD
James Walker, CRNA, MS
Jack Kless, CRNA, MA, MSN
John O'Donnell, CRNA, MSN
Rebecca Gombkoto, CRNA, MS
Kay Sanders, CRNA, MHS
John J. McFadden, CRNA, PhD, MSN, MS
Kathleen Fagerlund, CRNA, PhD
Denise Martin-Sheridan, CRNA, PhD
Bette M. Wildgust, CRNA, MS, MSN
Alfred E. Lupien, CRNA, PhD, FAAN
Judy Thompson, CRNA, DNAP, APRN
Steve Alves, CRNA, PhD
Michael Rieker, DNP, CRNA, FAAN