Each year the AANA Communications Committee will honor and officially recognize a state association, organization,
CRNA(s), or others in one of five different categories for outstanding public relations efforts that contribute significantly to the positive image of the nurse anesthesia profession.
1. PR Recognition Awards Contest entries will be accepted in one of five categories. More than one category can be entered (with the same or different PR materials). The categories are as follows:
A. Best overall public relations effort for the past year, to be awarded to an individual, organization, or state association.
B. Best public relations effort by a small state association (small state association as defined by the Ad Hoc State Organizational Development Committee).
C. Best promotional effort for National CRNA Week, to be awarded to an individual, organization, or state association.
D. Best public relations effort by an individual, small group, organization, or company not affiliated with a state association.
E. Best use of “CRNAs: The Future of Anesthesia Care Today” campaign to promote the nurse anesthesia profession by an individual, organization, or state association.
2. All entries must be submitted to the AANA Public Relations Division via the online submission form by the date specified in this document. Only ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS will be accepted.
3. PR Awards judging will take place during the Communications Committee meeting on the Friday before the start of the Annual Congress. The Winner(s) will be notified by phone that Friday afternoon; other entrants will be notified of the judging results by email Friday evening.
4. The PR Awards Contest winner(s) will be announced at the Opening Ceremonies.
5. Winner(s) will receive an inscribed plaque that will be shipped to them following the AANA Annual Congress. NOTE: The plaques used during the Opening Ceremonies are for presentation purposes only and need to be returned to AANA staff immediately following the Opening Ceremonies.
6. Winners’ names are added to an inscribed plaque on permanent display in the AANA Executive Office.
Eligible Candidates for Award
Any state association, individual CRNA, CRNA group or anesthesiology group that employs CRNAs, hospital, clinic, educational program, company, or other entity that has prepared and submitted evidence of their own positive PR activities for CRNAs during the year, or that has been nominated by another individual who has prepared and submitted evidence of the nominee's positive PR activities for CRNAs during the year, shall be considered for an award.
Considerations in Judging
1. Category entered
2. Originality of project
3. Quality of materials submitted for judging
4. Results of the campaign/activities
5. Success of stated objectives in execution and results
1. Judging will be done by the AANA Communications Committee.
2. Judging will take place on site prior to the start of the AANA Annual Congress.
All entries must be completed and submitted electronically using the online submission process.
All entries become the property of the AANA unless specifically arranged in writing with the AANA. Portions of the award entries, including Power Point presentations, videos, and photographs, may be used by the AANA in promoting the PR Awards contest. By submitting your PR Award entry, you agree to allow AANA to use some or all of the material without additional approval or permission.
Each entry should be accompanied by supporting materials compiled and presented in a well-organized, electronic format. All written materials must be typed (scanned handwritten notes will not be considered.) Examples of supporting materials include copies of plans, press clippings, photographs, letters, memoranda, slides, media transcriptions, videotape, Power Point presentations, or other related material. In other words, make your best case as to why your entry should be considered the winning entry!
Note: PR projects that are too large to be submitted themselves (for example, a billboard) should be documented by photography, video, or some other electronic medium included in your online submission.
Deadline for submission: July 7, 2017
Submissions will begin in Spring 2017.