Professional Practice Documents
- Spacelabs Healthcare, Inc. – Class I recall of Service Kits and CAS I/II Absorbers installed in the BleaseSirius and BleaseFocus Anesthesia Workstations, November 26, 2013 (New)
- Premier Safety Institute - Tubing misconnections, November 26, 2013 (New)
- FDA safety communication - Tubing and Luer misconnections: Preventing dangerous medical errors, November 26, 2013 (New)
- New Joint Commission toolkit aims to decrease central line-associated bloodstream infections, November 21, 2013
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Joint Commission FAQ: Laundering of surgical scrubs and other attire, November 15, 2013
- FDA drug safety communication - FDA requests label changes and single-use packaging for some over-the-counter topical antiseptic products to decrease risk of infection, November 13, 2013
- FDA drug safety communication - Updated recommendations to decrease risk of spinal column bleeding and paralysis in patients on low molecular weight heparins, November 8, 2013
- ECRI Institute 2014 Top 10 Health Technology Hazards, November 5, 2013
- 2014 National Patient Safety Goals released, November 1, 2013
- Pain Management Guideline Development Project Webpage (Login Required)
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.