- CDC Advises Hospitals to Alert Patients at Risk from Contaminated Heater-Cooler Devices Used during Cardiac Surgery, October 14, 2016 (New)
- The SAFER™ Matrix and Changes to the Post-Survey Process, October 11, 2016
- Seed Global Health is seeking CRNAs to serve as visiting faculty and strengthen their existing Nurse Anesthetist specialty training program in Liberia. Applications close on November 25, 2016 for July 2017 departure. October 4, 2016
- AANA submits comment letter to the FDA regarding the use of prescription opioids analgesics for the pediatric population, September 30, 2016
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) issues recommendation of routine blood pressure measurements throughout pregnancy to screen for preeclampsia. Professional comments can be submitted through October 24 at www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/tfcomment.htm. October 3, 2016
- Joint Commission, American Hospital Association Forum Initiate Plan to Improve Health Equity, September 16, 2016
- 2017 HFAP CAH manual pre-publication, September 7, 2016
- 2017 HFAP ASC manual pre-publication, September 7, 2016
- Hot Topics Archive
The AANA Board of Directors is proud to engage with nurse anesthetists and external experts in creating the AANA Diversity Task Force to develop the strategic framework to make recommendation to implement cultural sensitivity and diversity initiatives for our profession. This work addresses each of the AANA Core Values of diversity, quality, professionalism, compassion, collaboration, and wellness.
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice
and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's
Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste Quick Safety 25: Preventing pressure injuries, July 20, 2016 (New)anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), Accreditation Association for Hospitals/Health Systems (AAHHS), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ), DNV GL Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission. (Login Required)