Professional Practice Documents
- FDA drug safety communication - FDA requires label changes to warn of rare but serious neurologic problems after epidural corticosteroid injections for pain (New)
- The AANA is delighted to announce that Janice Izlar, CRNA, DNAP has been seated as the AANA’s representative on the Board of Directors of the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) and will also serve on AAAASF’s Standards Committee, April 22, 2014 (New)
- Balancing the Prevention of Opioid Abuse and Appropriate Pain Management, April 22, 2014
- Hospira, Inc. - Voluntary recall of one lot of 0.25% Marcaine (Bupivacaine HCI Injection, USP), 10 ml
- Hospira, Inc. - Voluntary recall of one lot of 1% Lidocaine HCI Injection
- Hospira, Inc. - Voluntary recall of seven lots of Propofol Injectable Emulsion
- Spacelabs Healthcare, Ltd. – Class I recall of ARKON Anesthesia Delivery System with Version 2.0 Software
- Upcoming webinar: Exploring the Impact of Health IT on Consumer Engagement and Empowerment for Communities of Color
- April 24, 2014, 2:00-3:30 PM ET
- presented by the National Coordinator for Health IT and the Office of Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Click HERE to register
- New Board Approved Documents
- CDC press release: Despite progress, ongoing efforts needed to combat infections impacting hospital patients, April 8, 2014
- AANA Diversity Resources
- NQF Nomination Opportunities
- Pain Management Guideline Development Project Webpage (Login Required)
- Safe Injection Practices Education and Awareness Campaign
- DEA Controlled Substance Scheduling (Login Required)
- Hot Topics Archive
The Professional Practice Manual for the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist contains the most up-to-date practice related documents, including the Scope of Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Standards for Nurse Anesthesia Practice, position statements, supporting documents and forms. To order a copy of the manual, visit the AANA Marketplace.
Information and resources on integrating evidence-based research into clinical practice.
Information regarding recent U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) news, AANA activities related to the FDA, anesthesia-related drug shortages, recalls, safety alerts, and safety labeling changes, pharmacy compounding resources, and the FDA's Safe Use Initiative.
Clinical references relating to infection control, surgical time-out and checklist, waste anesthetic gases, radiation, latex allergy, sharps safety, difficult airway algorithm, surgical fires and technology.
Information and webinars relating to employment issues and surgeon liability.
Facility Accreditation (Login Required)
Information regarding the following organizations: Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), DNV Healthcare, Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP) and The Joint Commission.