The AANA is hosting its second annual blood drive in the Moscone Center West Exhibit Hall Booth 635 on Monday, Aug. 6, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Visit the Blood Drive booth to make an appointment. Donors can enter for a chance to win a $100 Movie Theater Gift Certificate, and summer donors are also eligible to enter to win a $2,500 Dream Vacation Grand Prize Drawing. Please seriously consider being a blood donor, and thank you in advance on behalf of your community blood supply and the American Red Cross!
Why Donate Blood?
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- More than 38,000 blood donations are needed every day.
A total of 30 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S. (2006).
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is Type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- Sickle cell disease affects more than 80,000 people in the U.S., 98 percent of whom are African American. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer each year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Help Save a Life Today!
Enter for a chance to win a $100 Movie Theater Gift Certificate. Summer donors are also eligible to enter to win a $2,500 Dream Vacation Grand Prize Drawing.