The Annual Meeting will come to its traditional, inspiring close at the Annual Banquet on Wednesday, Aug. 8, 7 p.m., at the Moscone Center West.
Marjorie Geisz-Everson, CRNA, PhD, chair of the AANA Program Committee, will serve as the master of ceremonies for banquet, which will begin with its traditional processional of dignitaries, AANA past presidents, Board of Directors, award winners, and dignitaries. The Invocation will be delivered by Joyce W. Kelly, CRNA, EdD, followed by dinner and a “Musical Salute to the States by Jeff Nuss and the Orchestra.
The Banquet is time to honor nurse anesthesia accomplishments with presentation of the following awards: The 38th Annual Agatha Hodgins Award for Outstanding Accomplishment, the 33rd Annual Helen Lamb Outstanding Educator Award, the 27th Annual Alice Magaw Clinical Anesthesia Practitioner Award, and the 12th Annual Ira P. Gunn Award. See an upcoming issue of the AANA NewsBulletin for names and photos of the honorees. Outgoing AANA President Debra Malina, CRNA, DNSc, MBA, will address the audience and pass the gavel to incoming President Janice Izlar, CRNA, DNAP, who will begin her term with her inaugural speech.
The evening will end on a fun and nostalgic note with the AANA Scrapbook, a collection of photos depicting the sights, events, and people of the Annual Meeting.
Be Sure to Pick Up Your Tickets
Banquet seating is located in the Exhibit Hall West Lobby of the Moscone Center West. The hours of operation are:
- Friday, August 3: 2-6 p.m.
- Saturday, August 4: 7a.m.-5 p.m.
- Sunday, August 5: 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Monday, August 6: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 7:7 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 8: 7-a.m.-12 p.m.
Banquet Seating Procedures for 2012
The following procedures have been developed to simplify the seating process and enable attendees to be seated at the table of their choice. In fairness to all, these procedures will be strictly followed.
- All seats for the Annual Banquet are reserved. Please visit Banquet Seating in the registration area with your banquet voucher to make your seat selection. Banquet Seating hours are listed above.
- A large floor plan showing table numbers is on display in Banquet Seating – please use this diagram to make your seating choice before reaching the desk.
- Please note: Attendees who purchased banquet tickets prior to the cut-off date of June 15, are pre-reserved at the state or military table they requested on their registration form.
- Tickets for pre-reserved seating must be picked up by Monday at 2 p.m. After this deadline, all pre-reserved seats not picked-up will be open to general seating until Wednesday at 12 p.m
- All seating arrangements must be made by Wednesday at 12 p.m. when Banquet Seating closes.
- Groups of five or more who desire to sit together must complete a Group Seating Form and designate a representative to pick-up and sign for all the tickets. This form is available in Banquet Seating.
- Banquet tickets are nonrefundable. If you find that you are unable to attend the banquet you may wish to donate your ticket to a student or sell it to another attendee. Individuals are responsible for their own transactions.
- If you plan to bring children to the Annual Banquet, a ticket must be purchased for each child. AANA does not recommend that members bring small children to the banquet.
Advance Ticket Purchase
By purchasing tickets in advance, you are assured of a place at the state/military table you requested. Advance purchased tickets must be picked up by 20 p.m. on Monday. The cutoff date for reserving a place at a state/military table was June 15, 2012.
Purchases After the Cutoff Date or Onsite
If you purchase banquet tickets after the cutoff date or onsite, you may not be able to be seated at your state table. You will be assigned a seat by the Banquet Seating Desk personnel, who are instructed to fill tables that are partially full.
Seating at State Tables
State tables are rotated annually so that states whose members are seated in the rear of the ballroom one year will be seated closer to the front in ensuing years. Although no more than 10 people can be seated at one table, every effort will be made to locate all tables from one state in the same area. A large image screen will be used to give everyone a better view of the head table.
State Presidents’ Tables
All State Presidents were sent information regarding the procedure to be used for completing the state presidents’ table assignments. If you are a state president, you are responsible for being knowledgeable about this procedure.
The cutoff date for ensuring that you will be seated with your state was June 15, 2012. Anyone who ordered tickets after the June 15 date will be assigned seats based on availability.
No Balloons, Please!
The release of helium balloons during the Annual Banquet is prohibited, because such balloons are very costly to retrieve. Any individual who releases such balloons will be billed by the Moscone Center West for any expenses incurred in retrieving them.
Flower and Tuxedos for Banquet
Contact the concierge at your hotel for assistance in finding a florist and/or tuxedo shop for your corsage/boutonniere and tuxedo needs.
We are unable to honor requests to retrieve individual pictures that are shown in the AANA Scrapbook because of the number of pictures required to produce this video.