The AANA Convention and Meeting Planning Department and the AANA Program Committee have been refining and upgrading the Annual Meeting to give attendees the most value for their time and money, as well as the opportunities for education, service, networking, and fun they expect. One major refinement is the new four-day schedule: Saturday, Aug. 10, through Tuesday, Aug. 13.
This new schedule offers the same mix of educational opportunities, meetings, exhibit hall hours, hands-on workshops, and social/fundraising events on an efficient, streamlined schedule. If you’ve attended the meeting in recent years, you’ll notice some changes:
- The First-Timers Orientation, on Friday Aug. 9, from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. this year, instead of bright and early on Saturday morning as it was in the past. If this is your first Annual Meeting, be sure to stop by the Bermuda Ballroom!
- The Opening Ceremonies will be held on Saturday, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., after being held on Sunday for the past few years. Come to the Grand Ballroom. Don’t miss the inspiring and entertaining kick off to the 2013 Annual Meeting.
- Students will meet and vote for candidates for Student Representative to the Education Committee at the Student Session on Saturday, 1 to 3:30 p.m. in the Mirage Grand Ballroom. The new representative will be announced at the Student Luncheon on Monday, Aug. 12, 1 to 2:30 p.m in the Mirage Grand Ballroom.
- The Business Meeting has returned to its Sunday morning timeslot, after being held on Saturday for the past few years. Come to the Grand Ballroom on from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and make your voice heard in this important meeting. Don’t miss the drawing for prizes throughout the meeting.
- As always, the Annual Meeting will conclude in grand style with the Annual Banquet—on Tuesday night, Aug. 13, in the Grand Ballroom.
We're Here to Help
Members of the AANA Convention and Meeting Planning staff and Program Committee will be available onsite to answer your questions and help you with the process.